The British Museum

11:39


Myself and the other half took a trip to London to nerd out at the British museum this weekend!



Located in the heart of London, the museum is pretty easy to get to via the tube. Closest station is Tottenham Court Road, then it's like a 2 minute walk and you really can't miss this amazing building. 


Looking at this building alone just makes me so happy, isn't it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? 
And it doesn't end there, the interior is just as amazing as the exterior. 




My favourite parts of the museum is the famous Egyptian section, where all the awesome mummies are. Since I was younger I've always been fascinated by the extravagance of the Egyptians, and the detail of the art displayed on sarcophagi is absolutely stunning. Additionally, the process of mummification is so grossly amazing to me (sorry!). Apologies for not getting any pictures of this section though, essentially taking photos of dug up corpses made me feel a tad uncomfortable.

My boyfriend Orran's favourite part was the little Viking section. He was obsessing over the horns that they drink out of... (his birthday is coming up soon, who knows what might happen). 








All in all, this is a really awesome place to visit if you're bumming around in London! Also, the best part is, its COMPLETELY FREE. I think I spent around £10 just on travel and lunch and made a day of it! 

If you've been, please let me know what your favourite parts were! I didn't get round to seeing everything because it was so huge :( 

And here is a picture of me and the sassiest statue there :) 






You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Looks awesome! Defo a place I'd want to visit someday! Nice photography also! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts