End of Second Year - Summer Ball

10:06





So this was the weekend of the Summer Ball - a little mini prom that my uni has to celebrate the end of year. 

My getting ready ritual started with pin curling my hair for the first time and I felt like a 1950's housewife with it all pinned up.






















The technique is pretty self explanatory, I curled my hair as usual but instead of letting it drop, I grabbed it, bunched it up and used a bobby pin to secure it. The point of doing this is that it allows the curls to cool down in the ringlets so they last longer. I waited for an hour and a half and then let them fall. I then used a brush to loosen the ringlets.  Here's a YouTube Tutorial from one of my favourite bloggers Melonlady, on how to do it in more detail. 




My Dress - Missguided
My Belt - Missguided
My Shoes - New Look
My Shawl - Primark




I felt this dress was so elegant, I absolutely loved the slit in the side, the neckline revealed just enough and the midi length really did flatter my legs. 

I got so many compliments that night and the most jammy thing about it is that the dress was on sale for only £15! Absolute bargin. 




Oh and how awesome is Emilija's hair? BLOG NAME DROP HERE



As for the night itself, it was awesome, really did make me realise that I have met some amazing people here, especially those on my course! Being on a film course, you're pretty much forced to work on everything with a large team. It works wonders and plays havok with friendships at the same time. However, ultimately, I got to work and learn from the most talented people from all parts of the country! Pretty bloody happy with my uni experience so far and cannot wait for third year, although a few of my honeys are leaving for America :( 
Bill's Blissful Blog - Take a look HERE


I could not ask for a better academic year! I was so adamant that second year was going to be a massive let down, what with the antics of freshers being so wild, but this year was better in different ways. I developed incredible relationships with people with the same passions as me and increased my professional filming portfolio significantly! 

How was your school/college/uni year? 

And for those reading this with exams still to come, I salute you. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts